Primary Schools Programme
We are committed to developing strong links with our primary schools. The following programme is aimed at providing children aged five to 11 with a great first opportunity to play and learn through the game and support and collaborate with teachers to encourage additional opportunities to participate.
- Boys and girls in any KS1 or KS2 school years
- Six one-hour back to back sessions for two classes (12 hours in total)
- Emphasis on fun and being active
- Focus on developing movement & cricket specific skills
- Great first introduction to cricket
- Safe and fully qualified and certificated Durham Cricket Board staff
- Informal teacher training included in the coaching sessions
- Intra competition & skills challenges
Plus access to:
- Teacher induction
- icoach cricket training resources
- Chance to Shine teacher portal
Children learn team work and communication skills to support academic achievement.
Spirit of Cricket messages to encourage fair play and respect.
Through coaching feedback children build confidence, resilience and determination.